Royal Ascot 2017 will take place from Tuesday, 20th June to Saturday 24th June.
Hat hire during Royal Ascot gets busy, so book early if you can to avoid disappointment!
LADIES ROYAL ASCOT OFFICAL DRESS CODE 2017
You may have been going for years, this may be your first time, but remember:
- Hats or a headpiece should be worn at all times, but...
- Fascinators are no longer permitted.
- That’s not to say you have to wear a large brimmed hat, you can still wear a gorgeous cocktail hat or a small based headpiece, but anything you wear on your head MUST have a base that measures at least 4 inches (10cm in diameter).
- Dresses and skirts should be of modest length defined as falling just above the knee or longer
- Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn
- Dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the Royal Enclosure dress code
- Trouser suits are welcome. But they must be full length and of matching material and colour
- Strapless, off the shoulder, halter neck and spaghetti straps are not permitted
- Midriffs must be covered. As if you wouldn’t!
Royal Ascot Grandstand Enclosure
Ascot have updated the rules on the Grandstand Enclosure over the last couple of years and have now put in place:
- Hats, headpiece or fascinators should be worn at all times.
- Dress as if you are attending a formal occasion.
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn, with dresses and tops that comply with the dress code.
- Strapless or sheer strap dresses and tops are not permitted.
- Midriffs must be covered.
- Trousers must be full length. Shorts are not permitted.
- No fancy dress or novelty outfits.
INVESTEC DERBY FESTIVAL: 2 JUNE - 3 JUNE 2017
Epsom's Investec Derby festival also requires either formal or smart attire over the two day meeting although it is not as strict. If you are visiting The Queen’s Stand on the Saturday, Epsom Derby Day, you must be wearing a hat or a headpiece at all times. The easiest rules to follow are the Royal Ascot dress codes but The Hat Club will be able to advise on the necessary requirements. Ladies Day at the Investec Derby Festival will see most ladies wearing a hat or headpiece.*
QATAR GLORIOUS GOODWOOD FESTIVAL: 1 AUGUST - 5 AUGUST 2017
Glorious Goodwood is renowned for its more relaxed racedays, but hats and fashion are still an essential part of the mid-summer day at the races. It really is one of the world's most beautiful racecourses, with world-class horse racing, Pimms by the paddock, panamas for the gents, and beautiful hats for the ladies. Tickets are now on sale.
PICK UP & DROP OFF SERVICE
The Hat Club will be operating a pick-up and drop-off service for customers hiring a hat at both The Investec Derby Festival and Royal Ascot.
The Hat Club is able to offer any advice to overseas visitors requiring assistance with the Royal Ascot dress code. We can also reserve hats for international visitors to collect on arrival.
* please note separate Terms and Conditions apply for racedays